|Benefits of Joining
|Killington Chamber of Commerce 2008-2009 Marketing Menu
Basic Marketing Program, Included with your annual Membership Investment:
• The Killington Chamber website promotes the Killington Region, its events and chamber members. Historically the site has received an average of 20,000 visits per month. A newly designed website (launched in September 2008), is more search engine friendly, user friendly and intuitive. The site contains an RSS feed to gather Killington’s Snow Report as well as current weather, a live cam, email sign up, interactive Killington area maps, Banner Ad opportunities and a page dedicated to showcasing member’s special offers. The Killington Chamber E-Newsletter will be sent to consumers who opt in through the chamber website or sign up in person.
o Basic Listing (included with paid membership dues): Business name, phone number, website link, 50-word description and pinpointed location in the appropriate Killington Area Interactive Map – Free
o Submit Events: Submit your event for inclusion on the Calendar of Events – Free
o Submit Specials: Submit a special for inclusion on the Current Specials Page - Free
o Additional Basic Listing: Add your Basic Listing to another category - $50 per year
o Logo/Photo: Add a photo or logo to your Basic Listing - $75 per year
o Home Page Banner Sponsorship: 100x65 pixel banner linked to your website - $100 for 6 months (November through April or May through October)
o Category Landing Page Banner Sponsorship: 100x65 pixel banner linked to your website on the landing page of your category (Lodging, Dining and Nightlife, etc.) - $75 for 6 months
(November through April or May through October)
o Enhanced Google Map Listing/Photos: Enhance your basic listing with up to 5 photos and a link - $50 per year
• The Killington Chamber brochure, Destination Killington, Vermont, is produced annually. It is used as a fulfillment piece for chamber inquiries and walk-in inquiries. It is also distributed in the Killington Chamber vestibule brochure rack (accessible 24 hours a day), throughout the region, at State of Vermont Welcome Centers and at consumer shows.
o Basic Listing: Business name and phone number listed in appropriate category – Free
o Enhanced Listing: Business name, address, phone numbers, website address, logo and description – Cost TBD
o Full-color Ad: Available in a variety of sizes – Cost TBD
• New member one-time offer: Purchase four consecutive ads of equal size in The Mountain Times and your fifth ad is free.
• Place your ad through The Killington Chamber in one of our co-op ads and save. Options include the Vermont Traveler’s Guidebook, the Vermont Winter Vacation Guide, Ski Vermont, Vermont Getaways and other major travel publications.
Chamber Information Center:
• The Chamber Office/Information Center on Route 4 in Killington provides direct customer referrals as well as high profile display of your brochures, special promotions, and business cards - Free
• Graphic Display Program: Showcase your business with a full-color framed image in the chamber lobby. – Free (Images are displayed on a rotating basis. Contact the chamber for framing and size requirements.)
• The Killington Chamber provides the perfect platform to partner with other Killington businesses.
• Broadcast emails: You can submit two emails per year for distribution to chamber members highlighting an event or promotion - Free
• Members receive a Killington Chamber of Commerce decal to display on your door or window demonstrating your commitment to our region.
• The chamber’s monthly mixers provide the opportunity to network with other chamber members. You also have the opportunity to host a Chamber Mixer directly showcasing your business.
• You can receive one set of free member mailing labels annually. Additional sets of labels are available for $50.00.
• The chamber hosts seasonal socials to network and have fun in an alternative outdoor setting including golf, skiing, snowshoeing and our annual Wacky Winter Games.
• You can have an active voice in directly shaping future events and the focus of the Chamber by participating on a chamber committee.
• You can speak directly to consumers by volunteering at a chamber event.
• You can promote your business in a high profile manner by donating gift certificates and products to be used as prizes for events attended by members of the local community and visitors from the Northeast and beyond.
• The Killington Chamber provides regional representation at the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing, Rutland Regional Chamber of Commerce, Woodstock Chamber of Commerce, the Vermont Association of Chamber Executives, the Rutland Economic Development Corporation and the Downtown Rutland Partnership.
• The Killington Chamber has a presence at numerous consumer shows throughout the Northeast. As a member you have an opportunity to attend ski shows, travel expos and more as a representative of the chamber. These shows allow us to extend the recognition of Killington as a year round resort destination, increase our consumer database and media/business contact lists, as well as reinforce the desirability of Killington as a destination.
• Events create press opportunities, bring visitors to the region and promote repeat business. The Killington Chamber of Commerce has established signature events spread across the calendar year to promote our region including The Killington Wine Festival, and The Vermont Holiday Festival.
• New up-to-date website promoting Killington and its events that received almost 60,000 visits in the past 12 months, with numbers increased 28% in the last six months alone. Updated regularly
• One basic web listing on the KCC web site in the category of your choosing, with a link to your site or e-mail
• Event Listings on the KCC website Calendar of Events
• 2 Broadcast e-mails per year to your fellow chamber members to promote your event or promotion
• Gift Certificates through www.certifichecks.com
• Free 2 col. x 2" advertisement to be published twice within a 7 day window in the Rutland Herald -OR- Purchase a 2 col. x 5" ad and get one free, for all new members
• Purchase 4 consecutive ads of equal size in The Mountain Times and your fifth ad is free, for all new members
• Affordable advertising in major travel publications, the VT Traveler’s Guidebook, the VT Winter Guide and Crossroads Regional Magazine as well as discounts in co-op ads and local publications
• Monthly Chamber Newsletter available to all members and tourist highlighting our area and events
• Countless customer referrals with extended office hours of Mon-Sat 9-5pm
• High profile display of your brochures, special promotions, and business cards in our Welcome center and office on heavily traveled Rt 4
• A basic listing in Destination…Killington, Vermont, a detailed resource directory specific to Killington region used as fulfillment piece for information inquiries to the chamber and distribution throughout the region, displayed at Welcome Centers statewide and distributed at Expos
• Identification with logo on our full-color maps on two area Information Kiosks
• Opportunity to display your business in one of our 2 display cases, or at the restaurant recreation display, offered first come first serve on a monthly basis
• Partnering with fellow Killington Businesses to promote your community from within
• A membership decal to display on your door or window, demonstrating your commitment to our region
• Valuable networking with your fellow chamber members at our monthly mixers
• Attending our Seasonal Socials to network and have fun in an alternative outdoor setting, like golf or snowshoeing, as well as our annual Wacky Winter Games
• Mountain GOOD Times weekly mixers offering locals and tourists alike to get together, socialize, strengthen business ties and offer casual setting for business networking
• Opportunity to host a Seasonal, Monthly, or Weekly mixer, directly showcasing your business
• Send a mailing to our members via printed mailing labels once a year
• Opportunity to attend any committee meetings to help shape future events and the focus of the Chamber
• Option to Volunteer at most events and the ability to network at these Chamber functions
• Promote your business in a high profile manner by donating gift certificates and products to be used as prizes for events, including mixers and the annual meeting
• Extensive business services including access to bulk mailing, copies, and faxes
• Regional representation with the Crossroads of VT Partnership, Rutland Regional Chamber, Woodstock Chamber, the VT Association of Chamber Executives and the VT Dept of Tourist and Marketing
• Expos-Killington Chamber attending multiple expos and conferences year round, expanding the presence of this town and its businesses, building consumer and media/business contact lists, and strengthening our image and desirability as a destination
• Events- Monthly events to create opportunities for things to do and see and give a sense of excitement to the area. Designed to attract travelers and promote our business and community
• Killington Business Expo- showcase your services to the business community in the ski season